PREP TIME: 35 MINS.
COOK TIME: 20 MINS.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
Discover the rich layers of our Stuffed Queso Burger! Enjoy a succulent patty infused with Juanita’s Hot & Spicy Nacho Cheese sauce, and enveloped in a tempting mix of ground beef and sausage. Finished with bacon, onions, and zesty mayo-chili sauce, this burger is perfect for any occasion, from casual hangouts to halftime revelry.
- 1/2 can (7.5 oz.) Juanita’s Hot & Spicy Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 lb. ground beef (80/20)
- 1/2 lb. ground sausage or chorizo
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 8 burger buns
- 16 strips of bacon
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
STEP BY STEP:
- Microwave cream cheese and Juanita’s Spicy Cheese sauce until just melted. Mix and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Mix ground beef, ground sausage or chorizo, and spices. Divide into 16 portions and shape into balls.
- Cook bacon in a sauté pan and set aside. Use the bacon grease to sauté onions until translucent, then set aside.
- Mix mayo, green chilies, and sautéed onions in a bowl. Shape cooled cheese mixture into eight balls. Make a divot in the center of eight meatballs and stuff with a cheese ball. Cover with another meatball, forming a patty. Grill on medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve on burger buns topped with the onion mixture.