- 2 cans of Juanita’sⓇ Mexican Style Hominy (25 oz) drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups of Oaxaca cheese (12 oz)
- 1½ cups of Manchego cheese (12 oz) *You can use other mixtures of your favorite cheeses as a substitute
- 1 cup of whole milk
- ½ a stick of butter
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 2 cups of chopped green chiles or poblano peppers
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Salt to taste
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Coat the bottom and sides of a glass baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- In a skillet, melt butter and stir fry onion and peppers for about 5 minutes or until tender
- In a large mixing bowl combine Hominy, cooked onion, green chiles or poblano peppers, milk, black pepper and 1 cup of each cheese.
- Stir until well combined. Add salt to taste.
- Place the mixture in the greased baking dish and top with extra cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes uncovered. If needed, cook for an extra few minutes until cheese begins to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.