PREP TIME: 10 MINS.
COOK TIME: 20 MINS.
- 1 (25 oz.) can Juanita’s Pork Chile Verde
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
STEP BY STEP:
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high and cook hash browns and onion in oil until potatoes are browned and onion is tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, pour 1 can of Juanita’s Pork Chile Verde, including juices, in a large bowl. Separate and shred the meat with 2 forks.
- Stir in Juanita’s Pork Chili Verde meat and juices into the hash browns and heat through. Make 4 wells in the hash browns. Crack 1 egg into each well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 10-15 minutes until eggs reach desired doneness OR cover and cook on stove until the egg whites are set and yolks reach desired doneness.
Optional: garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.
Tip: toss in left-over cooked veggies for an extra hearty breakfast hash!