PREP TIME: 20 MINS.
COOK TIME: 30 MINS.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
Discover culinary delight with our Homemade Taste Green Chicken Pozole. Packed with Juanita’s wholesome Hominy, tender chicken, and striking flavors, this satisfying soup is a go-to for both casual meals and halftime gatherings. It’s a dish that will keep everyone asking for more.
- 2 boiled chicken breasts, shredded
- 5 cups Juanita’s Mexican Style Hominy
- 4 poblano peppers
- 5 green tomatoes
- ½ bunch cilantro
- ½ bunch parsley
- 2 stems epazote (can substitute with dried epazote or fresh oregano)
- 1 serrano pepper
- 2 tsp. of oregano
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ white onion
- ½ cup ground peeled pumpkin seed (or ground green mole)
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Salt to taste
STEP BY STEP:
- In a soup pot, heat oil and add 2 cloves of garlic and ¼ of white onion. While that cooks, add all the green ingredients to the blender; poblano peppers, green tomatoes, serrano pepper, cilantro and parsley. Blend well until you get a thick paste and strain if desired. Add to the soup pot.
- Add to the pot 2 stems of epazote, bay leaves, chicken broth, shredded chicken, Juanita’s hominy and ground pumpkin seed. Once it begins to boil add oregano and salt.
- Boil for approximately 15-20 minutes.
Shredded lettuce or cabbage, chopped onion, lime, cubed radish and avocado.
*Created by Chef Mondragon.