(SERVES 4-5 BOWLS)
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- 2 boiled chicken breasts, shredded
- 5 cups of Juanita’sⓇ Mexican Style Hominy (110 oz. can)
- 4 poblano peppers
- 5 tomatillos
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 2 stems of epazote (can substitute dried epazote or fresh oregano)
- 1 serrano pepper
- 2 tsp. of oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- ¼ white onion, diced
- ½ cup of ground peeled pumpkin seed (or ground green mole)
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- Salt to taste
STEP BY STEP:
- In a pot, heat one tablespoon of oil and add 2 cloves of garlic and ¼ of a white onion, diced. While that cooks, add all the green ingredients to the blender; poblano peppers, tomatillos, serrano pepper, cilantro and parsley. Blend well until you get a thick paste and strain if desired. Add to the pot.
- Add to the pot 2 stems of epazote, bay leaves, chicken broth, shredded chicken, Juanita’sⓇ Hominy and ground pumpkin seed. Once it begins to boil add oregano and salt.
- Boil for approximately 15-20 minutes. It’s ready to serve!
Shredded lettuce or cabbage, chopped onion, lime, cubed radish and avocado.
Recipe created by: Master Chef Mondragón.