- 5 franks
- 5 hot dog buns
- 1 (15oz.) can of Juanita’sⓇ Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- ½ of sweet yellow onion, chopped
- ½ of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- Mayonnaise or mustard to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
STEP BY STEP:
- To make chili, brown ground beef in one tablespoon vegetable oil in a large saucepan for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add onion and red bell pepper, stirring well. Add tomato sauce and chili powder and mix thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture to stay over medium heat for about 10 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer and cook at least 30 minutes.
- To make hot dogs, cook franks on your own grill or on a grill pan until just seared from the outside.
- Meanwhile toast buns in a 400-degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Swipe each bun with mayonnaise or mustard (if desired), top with chili as desired, followed by Juanita’sⓇ Nacho Cheese Sauce.