PREP TIME: 15 MINS.
COOK TIME: 10 MINS.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
Embark on a flavor journey with our Juanita’s Torta Ahogada recipe, featuring delicious Juanita’s Pork Chile Verde. This satisfying torta brings together tender pork, sliced onion, and creamy avocado on your choice of a warm bolillo or baguette. It’s a surefire hit for any mealtime or post-game celebration, making each bite an unmissable event.
- 1 (25 oz.) can Juanita’s Pork Chile Verde
- 2 bolillo or baguette
- ½ small thinly sliced onion
- Refried beans
- Sliced avocado
- Lime wedges
- Crumbled queso fresco
STEP BY STEP:
- Pour 1 can of Juanita’s Pork Chile Verde, including juices, in a skillet. Separate and shred the meat with 2 forks. Heat over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, slice the bread lengthwise and heat in the oven. Also heat the refried beans.
- Time to assemble the sandwich! Spread refried beans on each side of the bread. Top the bottom half with a portion of Juanita’s Pork Chili Verde. over the meat. Add a few slices of onion, sliced avocado and a squeeze of lime.
- For the most traditional experience, ladle Juanita’s Pork Chile Verde juices over the sandwich and sprinkle with queso fresco. Use a fork and knife… enjoy!