- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large crunchy cucumber, diced
- 1 pint juicy grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 25 oz. can of Juanita’sⓇ Mexican Style Hominy drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
- Cumin, salt and pepper to taste
- Chili powder (optional)
STEP BY STEP:
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, diced avocado, and Juanita’sⓇ Mexican Style Hominy.
- For the ultimate salad, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder, chopped cilantro and olive oil until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Add crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese on top of the salad.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!