PREP TIME: 15 MINS.
COOK TIME: 15 MINS.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
Savor robust flavors perfect for any gathering or pre-game feast with our Hot & Spicy Menudo recipe. This zesty variation on a time-honored dish promises an unforgettable culinary journey. Ideal for family events or a weekend brunch, it’s a flavorful way to elevate your menu.
- 1 (94 oz.) can Juanita’s Hot & Spicy Menudo
- Crumbled chicharron (pork rinds)
- Red pepper flakes (for extra spice)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Lime wedges
- 4-6 bolillos (french bread)
STEP BY STEP:
- In a large saucepan, heat Juanita’s Hot & Spicy Menudo over medium heat. Bring to a low boil for about 2 minutes, cover and reduce heat to low for about 10 minutes.
- While the Menudo is heating, prep the chicharron, red pepper flakes, onion and lime wedges. We like to plate each separately and place on the table so family and friends can dress their Menudo to their liking.
- Warm bread in the oven until slightly crunchy.
- Serve buffet or family style… use the warm bolillos to soak up all that amazing spicy broth!