PREP TIME: 30 MINS.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
Discover a new take on hummus with our Esquite Style recipe, featuring Juanita’s unbeatable Hominy. Creamy hummus is enriched by roasted corn, tangy lime, and a hint of spice. This dish is perfect for a casual gathering or an exciting overtime moment, ensuring every scoop is a burst of flavor.
- 1 (25 oz.) can Juanita’s Mexican Style Hominy
- ¼ cup roasted corn
- 1 large lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup tahini well blended
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 3 tbsp. Cotija cheese
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- Mayonnaise (if desired)
STEP BY STEP:
- Drain and rinse hominy. Allow to dry.
- Juice ½ a lemon into a small cup. Remove seeds.
- Combine hominy, roasted corn, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, salt, ground black pepper, cumin, and 2 tbsp. water in a food processor.
- Purée until smooth, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in olive oil. Continue to process until hummus is smooth. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Transfer hummus to a serving dish, garnish with Cotija cheese, chili powder and a drizzle of mayo if desired.
- Serve with pita chips, fresh veggies or sliced jicama.
*Created by Rick Garcia Chef/Restaurateur at Dia de los Puercos in Los Angeles, CA.