PREP TIME: 30 MINS.
COOK TIME: 45 MINS.
ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
Delight in the rich essence of Juanita’s Classic Hominy Chili—a satisfying dish that complements both everyday dinners and fourth-quarter tension. Brimming with savory ingredients and tender meat, this chili enriches any social event. It’s a culinary touchdown that’s bound to elevate your feast.
- 1 (25 oz.) can Juanita’s Mexican Style Hominy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. bacon
- 3 jalapeños, stemmed and chopped (remove seeds if desired)
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
STEP BY STEP:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the beef, bacon, jalapeños and onion. Sauté until browned and onion and jalapeños are tender.
- Add Juanita’s Mexican Style Hominy, diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, beans and water.
- Season with chili powder, granulated garlic, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer on low flame for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with a side of corn bread or corn chips.
*Created by Rick Garcia Chef/Restaurateur at Dia de los Puercos in Los Angeles, CA.