With Juanita’sⓇ Menudo Starter make Menudo in less than one hour!
- 1 can (90 oz) of Juanita’sⓇ Menudo Starter Beef Tripe in Bone Stock
- 1 can (110 oz) of Juanita’sⓇ Mexican Style Hominy drained and rinsed
- 9 cups of water or broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 large onion halved
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 8 cilantro sprigs
- 2 ½ tbsp of salt
- 7 dried guajillos chiles
- 3 dried California chiles
- 2 tbsp of ground coriander
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp of dried oregano
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- Add Juanita’sⓇ Menudo Starter, water or broth, bay leaves, onion, garlic, cilantro and salt into a large pot and bring to a boil for 1 minute, then reduce to a simmer.
- Remove stems and seeds from the guajillo and California chiles and add them to the simmer for 5-8 minutes. Taste the tripe to make sure it’s not overcooked.
- Transfer the softened chile and 2 cups of the hot broth to a blender. Blend for 2 minutes to a smooth puree.
- Remove cooked bay leaves, cilantro and onion from the pot. Discard. Add chile puree from the blender.
- Add the coriander, cumin, oregano and garlic powder. For a spicer Menudo, add 1 tbsp. Of chile de arbol powder.
- Add Juanita’sⓇ Mexican Style Hominy, mix well and let simmer for up to 15 minutes to achieve your desired texture of hominy and tripe.
- Add salt to taste.
LONG LIVE THE TRADITION!
PREPARATION TIME: 15 mins.
COOKING TIME: 25-35 mins.
SERVES: 16+ (after adding water, hominy and your seasonings.)